Paul T. Beisser, III
Principal, MAI, CRE
Principal, MAI, CRE
Paul Beisser has provided clients with a wide array of real estate consulting and valuation services since 1990 and is a founding principal at Value Research Group. His extensive experience in real estate appraisal includes vacant land, proposed/existing apartment complexes, senior housing complexes, industrial properties, single/multi-tenanted office properties, corporate headquarters buildings, strip shopping centers, regional malls, and special purpose property including truck terminals, full service hotels, railroad corridors, lake clubs, nursing homes and schools, laboratories and research facilities, power plants, golf courses and petroleum and chemical storage facilities.
Mr. Beisser provides litigation support and trial consulting in connection with property matters, including tax appeals, eminent domain (condemnation), bankruptcy, matrimonial, property damages, and environmental contamination. He serves as a consultant to attorneys and accountants for estate and family trust planning matters that are impacted by real estate valuation.
Mr. Beisser has extensive experience in the areas of property acquisition and development analysis. He consults with public and private entities on issues involving property redevelopment, public school expansion, urban renewal projects, and transportation improvements. Since 2000, he has served as the Review Appraiser and Real Estate Consultant to the New Jersey Turnpike Authority and is currently acting as the NJTA’s Real Estate Manager for the Interchange 6 to 9 Widening Program. Responsibilities include managing the acquisition of over 330 parcels of land.
Recognized for his knowledge and broad experience with both office and residential properties in the Hudson River Waterfront area, Mr. Beisser is a consultant to Jersey City and the Jersey City Redevelopment Agency. He has prepared market analyses, feasibility studies and appraisal reports for a wide-range of properties in the Hudson River Waterfront market. Mr. Beisser also has significant experience with environmental issues with particular expertise in the analysis of the development potential of Brownfields sites and has authored appraisal reports that measure the impact of environmental contamination on property values.
Phone: 973-422-9800 Ext. 11
- Bucknell University, B.S.B.A.
- Drexel University, Post Graduate
- All courses required for the MAI designation
- Currently certified under the continuing education requirements for MAI by the Appraisal Institute.
- CTA: Certified Tax Assessor, New Jersey
- Certified: General Real Estate Appraiser, State of New Jersey
- Certified: General Real Estate Appraiser, State of New York
Qualified as Expert Witness
- Superior Court of New Jersey, Condemnation Proceedings
- Tax Court of the State of New Jersey, County Boards of Taxation
- Superior Court of Colorado, Various Planning Boards
- MAI: Appraisal Institute
- Real Estate Manager for the New Jersey Turnpike Authority in its expansion and road widening project; 2007-present.
- Member, Berkeley Heights Planning Board’s Master Plan Subcommittee.
Publications, Seminars and Teaching
- Lectured at New York University’s Master of Real Estate program on the topics of highest and best use analysis and real estate appraisal.